Pages

Thursday

Job Update: Got Hired On Full Time

Well, seeing as I’ve totally forgotten about this blog since my last post, I think it’s time for an update!

Good News First

At the end of September, when the job assignment came to a close, I was approached by management and an offered a full-time position!

I was moved from the department where I had been a ‘temp’ since early September and moved over to the machine shop, which was definitely weird and strange, to say the least!

I was fortunate enough to have been able to start working on few mills/lathes for about a week or so, before getting stuck in the ‘saw room’, where I sat on my ass while the manual saw cut through what seemed like an endless amount of Titanium and other various hard-metals!

However, all that ‘fun and excitement’, came to an end the 1st week of November when I was once again asked to take on another job...and switching from swing-shift to morning shift!

As weird as it may sound, I really had to think about that move for a while!

Why?

I LOVE SLEEPING IN!

As GREAT as it would to get a jump on the weekend come Friday at 3:30pm vs 10:30pm...I only made the switch because I was going to be working a particular machine all by myself and pretty much out of the everyday path of everyone else around me, which is pretty cool!

Training, Training and More Training!

I took over for a co-worker who was making the move from this particular machine over to another bigger and better machine and while at first I was a little skeptical about ‘getting it’...after about the 4th day, it all sorta started coming together!

The training continued all through the month of November and I’m already about to end my 3rd week of working the machine on my own, like a big boy, come tomorrow...Friday 01/09/15!

All in all, I’m happy that I’m back to working 40 hours a week, making a decent wage and have medical/dental benefits, even though I’m paying for 1/2 of the cost while my employer is making up the remainder and I’m not seeing ANY of the $1.00 dollar raise I got because of those ‘benefits’...and because of my higher tax deductions!

For now, I’m happy...but over the last few months and a few unexpected conversations with a few different people, I’ve got my sights on something BIGGER AND BETTER!

Stay tuned, as I’m sure things are going to get interesting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment